The Shires Model CVLA-L is an incredible commercial trumpet! Very efficient and super fun to play, whether you're playing ballads with a deeper mouthpiece or doing upper register work with a lead mouthpiece. This is a lightweight horn that feels well balanced in the hands, even with a clip-on bell microphone. We're so excited to be reopening as a Shires dealer so we can bring you fantastic horns like this one.
The S.E. Shires Model CVLA-L (Vintage Los Angeles) Bb trumpet was created to incorporate the best aspects of prized vintage horns with the modern centering and intonation for which S.E. Shires instruments are known. This new line of commercial model trumpets features the broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper which produces a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the instrument. Narrow bracing contributes to the instrument’s superlative response and ease of attack. This large bore (.462) option with extra lightweight bell creates a very responsive horn with a large projecting sound.
Amazingly open and efficient, the sound of this instruments is colorful and flexible with strong slotting in the upper register. This model trumpet was created in collaboration with the highest discerning commercial players in the industry.
- Bore: L .462"
- CVLA Bell: 4 3⁄4 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "C" (open) taper in extra light-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam and french bead
- UE7 Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass—open, flexible and projecting, yet remarkably efficient
- Narrow Tuning Slide: standard water key; efficient and flexible
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: lacquer
- Includes S.E. Shires Marcus Bonna double trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of item.