I’ve had this case for about a month and am happy with it. I carry a trumpet and cornet. It’s designed well, I like the size and it’s a nice looking case. I’ve never used the back pack straps but I think they are a nice option. The straps stay hidden under a Velcro flap and completely out of the way until needed.
Fantastic new bags in stock now! In addition to incredible protection, these bags are well-made, sustainably crafted, and the workers are paid a living wage. Doesn't get much better than that!
Made from 1680D ballistic nylon fabric accented with supple water buffalo leather, this is a stylish and sleek bag. Perfect for easy traveling. The superior protection is a result of Gard's patented mid-bag suspension system that holds the trumpet in place, and then reinforced by 2mm thick PVC inserts. This case also comes with a rain protector that can cover the case, and a luggage tag. It could be used as a backpack, or over the shoulder. The front pouch can fit plenty of accessories as well.
Holds 2 trumpets (or 1 trpt + picc) The optional insert upgrades allow you to add an additional trumpet on top of the other horns to maximize the space!
What Gard says:
- GARD Patented Protection System, Foam belts /pads, and cone inserts for your instruments.
- Padding made up of dense, thick and impact resistant High-Density foam. The bag interior has 20mm of foam on all sides of the instrument.
- 1” Zipper guard protects the instrument from accidental scratching from metal zippers.
- Sturdy YKK zippers.
- Heavy-duty electroplated brass hardware.
- All weight bearing joints are riveted as well as stitched.
DESIGN / COMFORT
- Carry Handle / grip Handle made of real leather is soft to touch and adjusts comfortably to your hand.
- Backpack strap can double up as a shoulder strap.
- Leather Luggage tag provided.
- All bags come with a special rain-cape to protect it from water damage during inclement weather.
20.75 x 6.50 x 7 (in Inches)
23 x 8.5 x 9.5 (in Inches)
POCKET DIMENSIONS (two)
20 x 7 (in Inches) & 11 x 7 (in Inches)
(Horns not included -- case only!)
(Need a horn too? We can help!)
Austin Custom Brass, ACB, Trent Austin, For sale, custom brass shop, trumpet case, Kansas City, kc, kcmo, Flugelhorn case, gard, gard bags, guard, gig bag, best case,
First off, amazingly fast shipping from ACB. I order on a Monday night and receive the cases Wednesday afternoon via FedEX. I originally ordered the triple and double of the Gard Elite Nylon case. My originally intend was to replace my Torpedo Coyote. I did not keep the triple as I did not personally like how my horns sat in the case even with much arranging around versus the protection I got from my Torpedo Coyote. As for the double, I have been using for about a week and life is so much better than when I daily used the Coyote, The weight difference has been great on my back and because of the pockets, I case reduce the extra bag I was carrying around for my books and Surface Pro. The backpack straps sit in a good location compare to the Coyote which makes it more comfortable also. I did make two extra pads to replace the cone in bell system so I may carry my K&M trumpet stands. For the price and quality, this is the best choice to me out in the market right now. Only thing I would request would be a more rigid pvc inserts to make it a bit less side squishy.