COVID-19 Update (5.6.20)
In order to maintain the health and safety of our staff and customers as much as possible, we are implementing the following updates to our policies and procedures:
- While we love seeing you in the shop, we are ONLY taking shop visits with an appointment. We are offering curbside pickup and delivery. Please call us at 816-410-0826 to schedule curbside pickup or to make an appointment so we can ensure we have all safety precautions in place.
- Every instrument that ships from, or returns to, the shop will be ultrasonically cleaned (instruments with redrot or gold plate will be chemically cleaned).
- Our trial period will increase to 14 days, so that customers will have extra time to let the instrument sit prior to opening the box and testing it.
- Each instrument will ship with a Blow Dry Brass which is an alcohol-based sanitizing cleaning tool for the inside of the instrument.
- To give us time to sanitize, instruments will be shipped on Tuesdays and Fridays. Accessories and mouthpieces will ship Tuesday-Saturday.
- Mouthpieces may be sanitized by customers with rubbing alcohol upon delivery, and any returned/exchanged mouthpieces will be boiled and ultrasonically cleaned once they are back at the shop.
- Safety is our top priority. Please direct any questions you may have to us by email at email@example.com or call 816-410-0826.
Returns & Exchanges
We truly appreciate your business and want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied with an item, for any reason, you can return it for a refund with the following refund guidelines applied:
1) All product returns for refunds must be fully completed within 14 days of receipt.
2) All mouthpieces and backbores are subject to a $15 per piece restocking fee to cover the inspection, sanitization, and re-conditioning the pieces.
3) Instruments are subject to up to a 10% restocking fee per the discretion of Austin Custom Brass. Any cosmetic blemish or trauma and you will be awarded a partial refund. Paypal is now charging a 4% surcharge on refunds which is to be paid by the customer upon return.
4) Please note that all custom horns, custom mouthpieces, gold plated items, and repair or custom parts are NON-RETURNABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE.
5) All international sales are final.
6) Any product that specifically states that it is final sale only is NON-RETURNABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE. All trades are NON-RETURNABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE.
7) Original order shipping charges are non-refundable and the customer is responsible for shipping charges for the return product. All shipping charges (even on items with free shipping) will be charged to the buyer in case of a return.
8) All books, sheet music, and CDs are not returnable if the the original packaging has been opened.
9) Refunds will be processed within 5 business days and credit will be issued to the original credit card. If payment was made by check, a check will be issued and mailed to you.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The shipping weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Austin Custom Brass
7000 Universal Ave
Kansas City, MO 64120
Products should be properly packaged, secured, and insured. For your protection, be sure to retain the tracking number. We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen merchandise being returned for refund or exchange. Please contact us if you are unsure of how to pack an item; we have lots of experience safely shipping instruments!