I absolutely LOVE this microphone! I had one from the first generation, and this second generation version is even better. It has more gain, and it's incredibly clean. Michael Barkley is a trumpeter himself, so he knows what we're looking for in a microphone. This is a world-class trumpet studio mic and an excellent value for the money! Check out my friend David "Cookie" Koch comparing the first and second generations of the Barkley Infinity ribbon microphone:
BTW check out David's awesome website HERE!
"This is a characterful ribbon microphone with a nod to the classic sound of the golden era of recording. These are warm and detailed microphones suited to many studio applications and instruments. In general, ribbon microphones respond far better to EQ than others as they are much more resistant to phase change. Therefore, you can take a characterful, somewhat vintage sounding microphone and make it sound very modern and crisp using EQ. This makes this microphone a Swiss Army Knife."
- Ribbon microphone: figure-8 pickup pattern.
- 1,8u 99.9% Aluminium foil ribbon element with LIFETIME warranty/replacement.
- Neodymium motor assembly.
- Custom built OEP transformer featuring a very low noise floor and a healthy output (10db greater than the Infinity Gen 1)
- Proprietary 2 layer (coarse stainless steel outer, woven stainless silk inner) designed for acoustic transparency.
Here's a quick video to show you how great this mic sounds with just a touch of reverb added:
No coupons will be accepted for these microphones. Each microphone is individually handcrafted with a 1-3 month lead time, plus shipping from Barkley's workshop in Ireland (including customs).
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of item.