We're thrilled to be official dealers of the incredible Edwards X-13 Trumpet!
If you're looking for an incredible trumpet for lead or commercial playing, check out the Edwards X-13! This horn is in a satin lacquer finish. The build quality is impeccable, and these horns are made in the U.S.A. Check out all the photos and videos, because this horn plays as great as it looks!
Are you tired of your Bb trumpet being less than a resonant, music-making machine?
When we set out to build the X-13, theoretical/historical concepts were thrown in the waste bin. Instead, we started with a blank slate. We wanted to produce an instrument that is nothing less than a resonant, music-making machine. The X-13 is an instrument worthy of being labeled progressive, evolved, and downright refined.
The X-13’s appearance is striking. Your eyes will be drawn to many aspects of its beautiful design. The X bend with multiple radii and the horn’s wide-body stance not only give this instrument a unique look, they also give it a perfect centered balance.
The X-13’s design allows freedom of movement. Your hands aren’t confined and will remain stress-free for even the longest sessions. In turn, your relaxed state will increase the horn’s resonance — resonance that is available at the softest of dynamics and in all registers. This X-13’s response is nothing like the compressed softs of traditional instruments.
The X-13’s richness within the sound will bring you tonal colors that you can work with to produce brilliance when needed. It offers textures you will find were missing from your life before you played this trumpet. The X-13 will not lock you into any one sound, but rather provide you with the ability to perform with a musical expression beyond your wildest dreams.
- Leadpipe: New and improved taper that works together with the bell mandrel to give the player the free feeling without blow compromising your ideal sound.
- Bore size: .462"
- Valve Buttons: The new X-13 comes standard with our with newly designed finger buttons and valve top caps for a smoother more controlled feel.
- Valves: Standard nickel silver pistons with lifetime warranty.
- Unipillar: The patented pillar system first used on Edwards Trombones is now available on the X-13. Balance your instrument both tonally and physically with this feature. Each X-13 comes with two pillars; others are available by special order.
- Bell Shape: 5” new mandrel; designed to compliment the new leadpipe taper
- Bell Material: One-piece, handcrafted, yellow brass with new “X” bend.
- Bell Weight: Lightweight, tonally balanced bell.
- Tuning Slide: New “X” Bend; The 5 radii bend gives you the free blow and accuracy that is unique to the X-13.
Here's Kyle talking about (and playing!) an X-13 we previously sold through the shop:
Here's another X-13 that we previously had in the shop:
This horn for sale is in satin lacquer, not gold plate, but check out this 360 video to get an idea of the design:
As you can hear, the Edwards X-13 is a wonderful, versatile trumpet!
Sold with no case or mouthpiece. (If you'd like to buy a mouthpiece, click here)
No coupons can be used on this instrument. Thank you for understanding!
Please note that the weight listed is the shipping weight, not the actual weight of the trumpet.
Austin Custom Brass, ACB, Trent Austin, For sale, custom brass shop, custom trumpet, Kansas City, kc, kcmo, Trumpet, Cornet, Flugelhorn, Adams, Adams trumpet, Adamsfamily, mouthpiece, mouthpieces, custom mouthpiece, best trumpet, cheap trumpet, inexpensive trumpet, professional trumpet, vintage, pocket trumpet, tuba, euphonium,