The Adams A8 trumpet wraps exceptional performance in a visually stunning design. Far from being a purely stylistic effect, the A8's heavy threaded integral mouthpipe sends your whole sound through the horn instead of losing energy to extraneous vibration. Incorporating the mouthpiece into the leadpipe creates a horn that is extremely efficient and centered. Each note feels like it has a wide target area, and unlike on many other trumpet models, the targets feel just as wide as you ascend through the entire range of the instrument.
The mouthpipe threading also allows you to switch mouthpieces if you need to (we usually recommend that you do not switch too often as these threads are quite delicate). We can make any of our ACB mouthpieces in the A8 threaded blank, or scan and copy your favorite mouthpiece.
The A8 is also the only horn in the Adams Custom Series that features a fully "ergonomic" valve cluster, as demonstrated in this video:
The ergonomic valve cluster combines the design concepts of the Selmer Radial and the Olds Recording, with the second valve offset and all three valves angled for greater comfort.
(Adams Selected Model: .45 Gold Brass Bell, satin-lacquered)
|Bore||L .470" (12 mm)|
|Receiver||Integrated changeable mouthpiece|
|Valves||3 x top center stainless steel|
|Bell Thickness||0.40 MM - 0.45 MM - 0.50 MM - 0.55 MM|
Need help choosing your options? Give us a call at (816) 410-0826 and we'll be happy to discuss your custom A8 build!
Custom Bell Gauges:
- The thinner the gauge of the bell results in a more energized, faster response
- The ticker the gauge of the bell will result in more stability and density to the sound
- Yellow Brass: This bell is an excellent mix of materials for all round work as this material is very versatile. The sound is clear and brilliant at all dynamic levels, with a good core and great projection. This alloy is ideal for lead trumpet, commercial playing and studio work. Also a good choice for principal trumpet players in symphony orchestras or someone who is looking for good crispness to the articulated sound.
- Gold Brass: Like the yellow brass bell this is a very versatile horn - a near perfect blend of warmth and projection. The gold brass brings a depth to the sound which is very smooth, rich and dark, however it is still a lively and agile trumpet. It responds quickly and has good projection without getting as brilliant as the yellow brass bell. We find it to be suited to a host of applications: be it in the jazz soloist, the crossover artist, the classical soloist, or someone who is looking for depth to sound while still retaining projection.
- Red Brass: The Red Brass bell material is an ideal choice for the soloist who is looking for the richest, warmest, thickest sound available. Higher in copper content than our other two bell choices this provides the player with the smoothest transitions from note to note. Articulations are veiled (although with a lighter Red Brass bell option it is greatly improved) and sound shape is overall a bit wider in shape.
- Sterling Silver: Sterling silver is a very versatile material but also much more dependent on the individual’s particular ability level. Therefore we recommend this bell option for the serious amateur or professional. The general characteristics are the bell is much darker and thicker when played at soft to medium volumes. When this bell is pushed the higher overtones are much more present and the result is a wonderful sound with great “sparkle.”
Check out how great this trumpet is!
- Raw Brass: This is actually no finish. The raw material of the instrument is only polished.
- Silver Plated: This finish will liven and energize the sound slightly.
- Gold Plated: This finish will leave the sound very similar to the original raw state.
- Clear Lacquer: The instrument keeps the look of the raw material.
- Gold Lacquer: A gold tone is added to the clear lacquer.
- Copper Lacquer: A copper tone is added to the clear lacquer.
- Antique: Colored lacquer which gives the instrument a typical antique look.
- Other finishes or custom engravings available on request, contact us for details. For brushed/satin finishes please add a note to your order.
Here's a longer combo video:
Adams can also build the A8 with an additional quarter-tone valve if you want to take your customization to the Don Ellis level. If you're interested in a quarter-tone valve, please contact us prior to ordering.
Want to know which Adams horns we currently have in stock at the shop, or have any questions about a custom order? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at 781-944-6247 or 816-410-0826!
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of instrument.
Austin Custom Brass, ACB, Trent Austin, For sale, custom brass shop, Kansas City, kc, kcmo, custom trumpet, Trumpet, best trumpet, cheap trumpet, inexpensive trumpet, professional trumpet,