We're happy to report that we now carry Warbuton Woody Mutes! These are the cup mute versions and we carry the full range of wood types.
Crafting North American hardwoods, applying a sound diffusing interior shape and even installing a soft felt bottom on the inside, it is easy to understand that these mutes are works of art. Each one is signed by Terry with his initials and the year of manufacture inside the bottom cap before final assembly!
Each wood gives a very unique sound and feel. While trying them all is the best way to choose one (and many players will want two because of their unique qualities), the characteristics of each wood are:
TR-1 – Maple
- Straight • A sparkling classic straight mute without the metallic sound of aluminum.
- Cup • A dark, broad cup sound, good for symphonic and orchestral playing.
TR-2 – Walnut
- Straight • Rich, warm overtones and its dark sound makes the Walnut a popular solo mute.
- Cup • A nice mellow sound, perfect for intimate jazz club work.
TR-3 – Hickory
- Straight • A very exciting sound with minimum effort. It sings out without having to “push it.”
- Cup • A sound with a little more bite than the Walnut, but still with a nice resonant core.
TR-4 – Oak
- Straight • A beautiful, subtle sound between Maple and Hickory, allowing very soft playing.
- Cup • A nice warm cup sound with a little more projection.
TR-5 – Pine
- Straight • A mellow sound perfect for small club work.
- Cup • A resonant sound that can easily play at louder volumes without distorting.
TR-6 – Camphor
- Straight • A very broad and mellow tone and one of the prettiest woods.
- Cup • A pretty, sweet cup sound for lyrical playing.
TR-7 – Cedar
- Straight • A clear, sweet sound, capable of the projection of a metal mute. Very versatile.
- Cup • A beautifully resonant cup sound, perfect for solo work.
Here's a video of Trent demonstrating these:
If you have additional questions, please send us an email!
Prior to ordering please check our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of the item.
Austin Custom Brass, ACB, Trent Austin, For sale, custom brass shop, Kansas City, kc, kcmo,