Shires Model 9Y Piccolo Trumpet
The S.E. Shires Piccolo Trumpet in B-flat and A offers superior intonation, accuracy, response, and ease of playing in the high register coupled with a rich, beautiful sound. Agile enough to perform the most delicate solo and chamber music, it offers enough power to project through the largest ensembles. S.E. Shires Co. handcrafts its piccolo bells using the same artisanal processes employed in the manufacture of its larger bells, resulting in the same superior playing characteristics and richness of sound. The solid four-valve cluster with yellow-brass balusters adds stability to the playing feel of the instrument, as well as complexity and warmth to its sound. The unique, ergonomic placement of the fourth valve allows it to be played comfortably by either the right or the left hand. The instrument comes complete with four tunable leadpipe bits, allowing the player to perform in B-flat or in A on either cornet- or trumpet-shank mouthpieces.
- Key: B♭/A
- Bore: .450 inch
- 9Y Bell: 4 inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and unsoldered beadwire
- Four interchangeable lead pipes: B♭ cornet shank, B♭ trumpet shank, A cornet shank, A trumpet shank
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: four-piston, two-piece casings, standard weight, with brass balusters
- Lower valve caps: brass
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires piccolo trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of item.