If you're looking for a C trumpet with a little extra brilliance, check out the Shires Model 502! A more specialized design than the Model 401, the 502 C trumpet is designed with the efficiency and easy response necessary for extended recital work and chamber music applications.
Shires Model 502 C Trumpet
The Model 502 was developed in collaboration with Boston-based soloist and trumpet phenomenon Terry Everson. Our most nimble standard model C trumpet, it features a light bell treatment for incredible agility and ease of playing, and a long, efficient leadpipe that provides clear articulations and full, rich, sound that will last for the duration of long concerts or recitals. This model has become a favorite with soloists as well as members of brass quintets and other chamber players.
- Bore: .462 inch
- 5 Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, "5" (centered) taper standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and steel beadwire
- W9HL Leadpipe: .349" venturi, superior intonation with firm, yet flexible slotting and easy response.
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- Includes S.E. Shires double trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of item.