I hate to see this one go but I also hate not playing as much as I should. I'm playing mostly cornet these days with my custom Adams hybrid trumpet (Coppernicus), so I want to find a great home for this one! This is a fantastic trumpet that needs to be played.
This is an A5 Miel and I originally built a few years ago as a test to create the most "Besson-esque" trumpet. The result is this absolute custom masterpiece.
A few key features to this horn you will see (lots of pictures and video coming):
- Front facing second valve slide (Like Besson)
- ML (.460) bore
- Bronze valve block with nickel uppers and unique through ported valves (see pics).
- Metal valve guides.
- .50 gold brass bell, side seam, with thick French bead and "dead bell" like the Besson.
- Lots of nickel trim, which adds to the depth and beauty of the sound.
- Square tuning slide with Adams Amado Style water key.
- Rounded and semi-rounded tuning slides included.
- No engravings except serial # but I was at the factory building this horn with Miel so I can vouch it's provenance 100%
Only one of these trumpets has ever been made as it was incredibly challenging to do. The end result is a MASTERFUL sounding and responding instrument, one of the best Adams trumpets ever built. This trumpet is nicknamed "Excalibur" because it does everything so well.
No case or mouthpiece included.
I reserve the right to change my mind but if it is listed then it is available for purchase. The price is firm.
If you have additional questions send us an email.
Prior to ordering please check our return policy below:
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of instrument.