My Brasspire Unicorn C trumpet arrived today. I ordered a used model but it sold, so ACB sent me a new one for the same price. The build quality is excellent, valves are lightning quick and the slides move easily. I played it with the included 7c and the sound is excellent, especially when playing mf ,and the intonation is spot on. With my 7e the sound brightens considerably. I am surprised that I could get an instrument of near professional quality for such a modest price. This horn is the greatest value in the market!
One of the super finds at the 2014 NAMM show was this incredible playing Brasspire Unicorn C Trumpet in silver plate. These are a very popular C trumpet option with our customers because of the high quality and low price. This is IMO the perfect C trumpet for the occasional player, the student looking for their first C trumpet, and the player who doesn't want to deal with all the alternate fingerings needed to make a traditional C trumpet play in tune. This horn is really incredible.
It features a large .462 Bore, a red brass bell with nice semi-flat bead, and great slide rings. The pistons are stainless steel in a two-piece yellow brass casing. The main tuning slide legs are made from nickel silver. The leadpipe is also red brass. This combination and distribution of metals creates a sound that is warm, yet vibrant, with excellent response.
BPTRC-1000S (C Trumpet)
- Traditional style C Trumpet
- Designed by Kei Aruga (Chief engineer of MAC corporation JAPAN)
- Key: C
- Bore size: .462" (11.73 mm)
- Bell size: 4.92" (125 mm)
- Red brass leadpipe
- Two piece red brass bell
- Two piece valve casings (all yellow brass)
- Nickel silver main tuning slide legs
- Special shaped mouthpiece receiver
- Special shaped finger buttons
- Stainless pistons
- Vertical 3rd slide stop
- Main, 1st, & 3rd finger rings
- Standard lever-style water key (main tuning slide)
- Silver plated
- Semi-hard case included (styrofoam case, comes with shoulder & backpack straps)
- J.Michael mouthpiece (MTP-5) included (if you'd like to upgrade, check out our affordable Fabrication Series mouthpieces!)
- Standard Pro C Trumpet design, but with a large bell.
- Free blowing, with a brilliant sound.
- Nickel silver main tuning slide legs for a crisp, clear sound.
- Special shaped mouthpiece receiver conveys the vibration of the mouthpiece in a musical instrument efficiently
- Good for the student who is specialized in classical music, and professional musicians with occasional need for a C trumpet.
Prior to ordering please read our Shipping and Returns policy.
Also note weight indicated in the ad is shipping weight not actual weight of instrument.
Austin Custom Brass, ACB, Trent Austin, For sale, custom brass shop, custom trumpet, Kansas City, kc, kcmo, Trumpet, mouthpiece, mouthpieces, custom mouthpiece, best trumpet, cheap trumpet, inexpensive trumpet, professional trumpet,
Ok, I love it! and I hate it... I really enjoy the smooth and even response this horn has throughout the range. The intonation within the horn is remarkable, although the horn overall tends a little sharp--but who cares--that's why we have tuning slides, right? Construction--sweet! Details/finish--right on. Here's what I hate about this horn: I've owned/borrowed & demoed Bach, Yamaha, Schilke & Adams C's over the years...this one plays better than any of the above. It's upsetting to think about how much cash I have laid out for the other horns. Less than $800 for this horn seems like somethings up LOL. However, I will never refer to it as a "Unicorn"...nope, that's not happening.
I've only had those trumpet for 2 weeks now. Beautiful condition and plays very well in tune. Played at church for 2 Sundays now with zero issues. I love the tone of this trumpet and look forward to playing this trumpet everyday. Don't hesitate if you are looking for an affordable C Trumpet!